- I started off the trip enjoying a root beer float from A&W.
- Friday night was horrible. By 2am I was so cold I couldn't go back to sleep. My toes were frozen and all I could do was toss and turn while I waited the night out. When I got up, I found I wasn't the only one who couldn't sleep (almost everyone froze).
- Brauts for breakfast.
- Frisbee golf at Sister's High School in the morning (another group went mountain bike riding. It sounded like they had fun too).
- Turkey cold cuts for lunch.
- An epic softball game in the afternoon. Imagine getting up to bat and seeing 18 people sprinkled across the field. Surprisingly, the final score was 18-12 despite the plethora of people. I also managed to slip and fall while trying to stop at second and tore up my left knee.
- Played the weirdest game of Texas Hold em Poker ever. One person's strategy was to keep his chip stacks even. It made for massive bets before any cards were laid out.
- A Bacon Explosion for dinner (more later).
- Went to Safeway to buy ice cream (I got Ben & Jerry's S'mores). Sat in the eating area and watched Chopped. It must have looked weird to see 40 guys glued to a small TV watching a cooking show.
- I put Little Hotties in my socks to keep my feet warm the second and it did the trick.
- On Sunday, more Brauts for breakfast.
- Went on a hike up Smith Rock (more later).
- Had our final meal at Panda Express (their Lemon Chicken is great).
Right before the Meat Retreat, I was shown a site that detailed how to make a Bacon Explosion. It really is over the top, but given that this was a Meat Retreat, I made it. I'll let the pictures and video tell the story of this one.