Thanksgiving is just around the corner. I'm excited because it means I get to go home for the weekend. I'm going to get to hang out with my family and just have a good time. If I get lucky, I'll make it over to my cousin's house and try his Nintendo Wii. Then, don't forget the loads of food I'll get to consume as well. Now all I have to do it get there.
I'm driving, which doesn't seem so bad, except it's an 11 hour drive. It really takes time to prepare yourself for such a trek. I must eat well, sleep well and mentally prepare myself for sitting and focusing for so long. I remember my first time was really difficult because I simply wasn't ready for it, but after that I've been fine with the long trip. Here are somethings I do to have a successful trip:
- I eat well the night before, really well the morning before and light the rest of the trip. This way I've got the energy I need.
- I get 8 hours of sleep TWO nights before and 8 hours the night before. This way I'm well rested.
- I listen to talk radio most of the way. I find it gives me something to focus on.
- I open the windows periodically to let fresh air into the car.
- I leave early, because I'm a morning person, and I skip a lot of the traffic.
With that, I'm off to start preparing myself for the long haul. See you soon family.